The 2-Stage was introduced in March 1992 with the first installation in White Settlement, Texas. Some 2-Stages were created from Balcony and C-Stages, mainly involving putting the animatronics on new leg assemblies, installing new arm assemblies on Jasper and Pasqually, and redressing the animatronics to resemble their 3-Stage counterparts.
The 2-Stage is very similar to the 1-Stage; the only real difference being that, rather than all 5 band members sharing one stage, Chuck E. is off to the right side on his own stage, with his own curtains, and lighting. On the main stage, where Chuck E. usually stands, there is a large-screen TV, that plays the current showtape, beneath which, is an LED lights display that reads "Chuck E. Cheese" in color changing lights. The remaining characters Helen Henny, Munch, Jasper, and Pasqually are on stage left. The Wink is above both stages.
As of July 2017, there are 52 operational 2-stages in the United States and Canada.
- The 2-Stage in Tampa, Florida has neon lights around the buildings in the background, has neon tubing, neon wiring, and strobe-like lights all over the stage, and has a Helen Henny with yellow hair instead of black and white hair as of October 2017.
- The 2-Stage in Philadelphia "Snyder", Pennsylvania has a speaker underneath Munch's keyboard.
- Although the 1-stage, 2-stage, and Road Stage are all very similar, there are often some additional differences with the band itself. For instance, sometimes Munch sports a personalized hat, sometimes no hat at all. And sometimes, Jasper has got wrinkle-like facial marks. Sometimes, he doesn't. Most noticeably, older restaurants have Jasper playing a banjo, rather than his infamous cheese-shaped electric guitar.
- The "Wink" is a fiberglass decoration above all the CEC stages (and the 3-Stage as well), created in a golden likeness of Chuck E's face. Coinciding with the playing showtape, the face will occasionally wink, often before an intermission or during another key moment in a showtape. The "ribbons" on the sides of Chuck E's head, read, at one time, "In Pizza We Trust",a slogan that also appeared on tokens, cups, and the sort. Most were painted over with red, white and blue paint.
- The Road Stage was introduced in 1990 in Mississauga Ontario, Canada, the 2-Stage was introduced in March 1992 in White Settlement, Texas, and the 1-Stage was introduced in 1993 in Irving, Texas.
- A modified 2-stage show exists at Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, NY as "Rocky & the Ramblin' Rascals", with all characters cosmetics altered.